22 TOP HUMAN RESOURCES AND OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
Tell us which are the main challenges of your organization today and we will seek the best way to accompany you.
- Our clients tell us: “Some of the managers use a «command and control» style and we would like them to move forward.”
- Our focus:How to move on from being a boss to a leader-coach? We guide you to develop in-house Retail coaches, capable of generating the necessary team commitment and a positive attitude visible by the customer.
- Our clients tell us:“It seems to us that our managers spend their days putting out fires. We’d like to promote management rituals.”
- Our focusWhen everything is urgent, nothing is important. Our management rituals encourage a method of management and systematic coaching based on what is really important for the success of the team and the business.
Talent management IDP (Individual Development Plan)
- Our clients tell us: “We do bet on internal promotion but there is no management process today to detect and promote talent. We would like to develop it.”
- Our focus: Many of the people who work in store did not come there by vocation but by necessity. It is therefore important to successfully promote talent, relying on the IDP (Individual Development Plan), and by drawing a path of development and self-fulfillment for each employee.
On-boarding and employee experience
- Our clients tell us: “Today, every new employee starts working from Day 1; with not always a formal training, without even really knowing the company and feeling especially welcome. We want to offer a more professional on-boarding”
- Our focus:You’ll never have a second opportunity to make a first good impression. Which on-boarding process exists in your company for a new employee? We help to define and train the managers to deliver their expected Employee Experience.
Reduce undesired staff turnover
- Our clients tell us: “We spend our days hiring staff… who end up leaving the company in the months that follow. In this context, we do not train them. It’s a vicious circle. We want to reduce the 3 months unwanted staff turnover!”
- Our focus: We co-develop on-boarding and support systems, with training plans and ritualized coaching sessions for all new employees by their managers.
Improve the work climate
- Our clients tell us:“The results of work climate surveys are not very good. We want to improve.”
- Our focus: This climate challenge implies awareness from the management and senior management and an appropriate action plan. We co-develop it with the teams.
MBTI Retail - Personality Test
- Our clients tell us:“We want our managers to learn to recognize that not everyone is like them! We have different personalities and profiles!”
- Our focus:Our MBTI Retail workshop gathers the experience gained from hundreds of personality tests in Retail environments to distinguish and highlight the different personalities: extroverts and introverts, intuitive and rational, etc…. This is a fun and very useful workshop to become aware of one’s preferences and draw a personal and professional development plan to better connect with others.
- Our clients tell us:“We always go at 100 miles per hour! We want to help our teams to stop, breathe, learn to breathe and better manage their emotions and their stress.”
- Our focus: Our Mindfulness workshop is not only a unique experience, but also allows you to learn techniques to practice mindfulness every day, even in a store visit.
- Our clients tell us: “During our meetings, it is always the same persons who speak up. We want to strengthen the interactions within the team!”
- Our focus: Each team has its own interactions and synergy. Team coaching helps to bring the entire team at its best level and to incorporate collective success in achieving goals.
Omnichannel NPS and Mystery shopper
- Our clients tell us: “On the NPS (Net Promoter Score) we want to score more than 50%, and on the mystery more than 90%”.
- Our focus: Today, in the omnichannel Retail environment, an 8/10 in customer satisfaction is not good enough anymore, as it generates passive customers. Generating Promoters or Ambassadors implies to get 9 or 10. Only excellent attention will be recommended; a delighted customer attention system, always!
NLP Sales method
- Our clients tell us: “Each salesperson sells in his own way; some are very good, but there is no method!”
- Our focus: If we add methodology to a born salesperson, he/she becomes a strategic asset. The sales method, together with the NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) systemizes the dance with the customer, exponentially increasing the conversion rate and the average ticket. Story Telling helps convincing the client. We generate recognizable customer experiences. We build the brand and the reputation from the sales attention. We generalize non-negotiable sales standards with emotional intelligence.
Selling in phygital stores
- Our clients tell us: “We’ve introduced Tablets in stores, and some salespersons have trouble incorporating them into their sales process.”
- Our focus: The digital or phygital store (physical store with digital tools) incorporates new tools. Faced with increasingly knowledgeable and demanding customers, who check the web before visiting the store, and who receive communications via the brand’s CRM, the sale person needs stimulation to self-train and use the available tools.
- Our clients tell us: “We would like to reinforce our team’s product knowledge. Sometimes, the client knows more about the product than our own salesperson.”
- Our focus: We consider that product knowledge is the manager’s and the salespersons’ responsibility, through self-training. During the briefings, the manager can, if he wishes to, include gamification, verbal or written quizzes regarding the products. We help you implement tools and techniques of constant self-training.
Motivation and commitment
- Our clients tell us: “Our Mystery Shopper surveys show that many salespersons are not motivated. And internal surveys reveal that their superiors are not either.”
- Our focus: We co-develop a work system to motivate and involve the team, so much that the client senses this motivation everyday.
Management by values
- Our clients tell us: “We want to go from a Top-Down system (I command, you execute) to a Bottom-Up one (we, in the management, are at your service as you see the customer in the eyes). And in order to share the same values, we need to develop and fertilize a management by values.”
- Our focus: In this operating system, the salesperson is empowered. We help teams to identify their core values and/or align them between the people and the organization.
Connected Manager, Regional Directors and Area Managers
- Our clients tell us: “Our Regional Managers or Area Managers must manage up to 25 stores, within an area of 500 kilometers. We observe their Monday multi-conference and those calls seem boring and ineffective. They are monologues that do not involve the teams. How to turn them into connected managers?”
- Our focusWe introduce digital tools and emotional inteligence for effective calls and briefings, in order to develop the figure of the connected manager.
- Our clients tell us: “Generation X and Millennials are a big part of our payroll. They are born in the game culture. And to focus their efforts and energy, they prefer a fun game to a boring long email.”
- Our focus: Both for training and achievement of KPI objectives, we develop Retail Games, tactical competitions, sometimes collaborative. We stimulate games to improve average ticket, UPT and conversion rate.
KPIs (Average ticket, conversion rate...) - Dashboard
- Our clients tell us: “Part of the team does not feel comfortable with the KPIs and the Balance Score Card.”
- Our focus: KPIs must become a common language. We observe a lot of people in stores who look illiterate with numbers; and sometimes feeling ashamed about it. We make sure they feel comfortable with the KPIs (Average Ticket, UPT, Conversion rate …) both in-store and online, and dominate the Retail dashboard.
Increase the EBITDA
- Our clients tell us: : “It seems that there is always a good excuse not to achieve the objectives: the weather, the competition, the online sales, …”
- Our focus: We trigger empowerment through an extraordinary growth model, based on growth leverages, in the hands of the teams.
Guiding a cultural change: customer centric
- Our clients tell us: “We want to implement a cultural change and place the customer at the center of the organization. We want to be customer centric!”
- Our focus: Retail is detail; Lots of details are behavioral automatisms. We guide this cultural change by facilitating changes in beliefs, behaviors, practices, processes and rituals.
Professionalization, operational excellence, and Big Data
- Our clients tell us:“Many of our Retail managers come from stores, through internal promotion. Their management style is mainly intuitive.”
- Our focus: What is the productivity of a Retail manager? We promote operational excellence, activating fast, visible and sustainable improvements, based on operational leverages. Retail is detail: we help managers to convert Big Data into Small Data, human data, and vice versa. The professional management of a store, an area or a country, implies to master the tools and the professional postures.
Leadership and interpersonal skills, soft skills
- Our clients tell us: “Our managers spend their days between KPIs and Excel tables, but they do not use those KPIs to manage and improve their teams. It seems interpersonal conflicts severely damage their efficiency.”
- Our focus: The development of HARD SKILLS (tools, system, …) highlights the need for managers to also develop SOFT SKILLS: ability to generate constructive relationships, anticipate and manage conflicts, convey vision and give sense.
Retail Coaching © Program Certification
- Retail Coaching Program Level 1 ©, certified ACSTH by ICF
- Retail Coaching Program Level 2 ©
Motivational, thought-provoking and inspiring conferences, between 45 minutes and 2 hours, incorporating the key messages you want to convey. Learn more
Retail training workshops
Interactive trainings on key topics: coaching, sales, KPIs, leadership, Customer experience, omnichannel transition, etc.
Sales Method / Sales Ceremony
Training the art and techniques of sales, to ensure a consistent and “wow” customer experience, always, and with emotional intelligence
Outdoor Team Building
We offer inspiring team building activities to improve or consolidate team cohesion, aligning its members around the same vision.
Access to our CapKelenn Campus
We work on-site as well as blended learning, elearning and mobile learning
What is Retail Coaching?
- It is the application of coaching, emotional intelligence, NLP and the use of the latest digital tools in the Retail environment (both for sales and for management), in order to obtain extraordinary commercial and financial results, with more professional, motivated and committed teams.
Who is our Method for?
- For companies who seek to improve their results, develop the interpersonal skills of their leaders, who seek continual improvement and innovative excellence. We train and coach the executive committee, senior managers, area managers, regional directors, store managers, franchisees, central services, and salespersons.
How do we define “RETAIL” at CapKelenn?
- Retail is the “bubble” generated by the interaction between a seller and a customer (stores, hospitality, banks etc). In B2C environment, we call this magical space: “the 1.4 meter-wide Retail bubble” in shops, hospitality, banking…
- This is why, as long as the salesperson has direct contact with the final client, Retail is for us:
- Stores from all sectors (fashion, luxury, beauty, groceries…)
- Restaurants (Hospitality Coaching)
- Hotels (Hospitality Coaching)
- Banking and insurance
- Car service
Who makes up our Team?
- All our programs are delivered by our Accredited Retail Coaches. They all have a dual professional profile: Retail experts with an extensive operational experience and certified executive coaches.
BARCELONA, VANNES, LIMA, MOSCOW, BELGRADE.