In both retail and hospitality, the biggest challenge to surpassing goals are the individuals. For any company, these persons represent the most important resource but also the most unpredictable. Our mission is to enhance the potential of retail executives and managers for their teams.
We develop leadership competencies, talent management and soft skills of executives and managers through a variety of training and coaching methods that enable fast, visible and sustainable results over time.
Retail coaching for retail teams
Aims to identify and retain talent, develop the skills of your teams, improve employees’ commitment, support a change in the company’s culture and strengthen the sales culture. All this for a better employee and customer experience.
We focus on the retail and hospitality sectors, where companies want to improve their results, develop the interpersonal skills of their managers and who look for constant innovation.
We offer on-site training as well as blended, mobile and online.
Certification programs in retail coaching ©
Thanks to a unique and innovative method, we provide your executives and managers with coaching skills that bring extraordinary results by enhancing the potential of their teams: Capkelenn’s Retail Coaching program©, with its Level 1 and 2 certifications, is designed for all levels of the organization. From executive to store managers, regional managers, operational and sales managers, and of course independent retailers.
The Program provides an interactive training experience based on co-construction and collaboration, through consciousness-raising and action-based techniques, specific to Coaching; hence rapid, visible and sustainable results, on attitudes and on results. This blended learning path develops both hard skills (professionalization of managerial and technical skills in retail and distribution… business know-how) and soft skills (empathy, listening, rituals, quality of conversations… interpersonal skills).
The only coaching program for retail, certified as ACSTH by ICF (International Coaching Federation). It constitutes the basis of CapKelenn’s know-how and recognition.
Retail Coaching Program © Level 2
In order to enter into the management and sales cultures in more detail.
Retail training/Retail workshops
In our retail training programs, we integrate our clients’ culture, jargon and values . We do all our training and workshops with a retail and hospitality approach at all levels of the organization. You tell us your current challenge and we offer you the best solution. We use a training method specific to CapKelenn to facilitate learning and practical application.
RETAIL SALES TRAINING / SALES METHOD
Through our own interactive and entertaining methodology, we practice the art and technique of selling, to anchor and methodize an always excellent client experience with emotional intelligence. Our retail sales training courses are dynamic and practical so that participants can apply what they have learned the very next day. We cover topics such as the “WOW!” client experience, connecting with the customer, complementary sale, objection management, storytelling, closing sales and many more. The sales training is suitable for both short sales (pharmacy, bakery…) and long sales (cars, kitchen…). Have a look at our Porcelanosa success story.
MOTIVATIONAL CONFERENCES FOR RETAIL AND SALES
For events such as sales conventions, congress, seminars, franchise meetings or a training day for executives, we offer motivational and dynamic conferences between 45 mins and 2 hours that make people think and trigger awareness. It is a dynamic and fun format to get a key message across to a large audience. Benoit Mahé, co-founder of CapKelenn and author of the books Retail Coaching and theConnected Salesman is an international speaker. Benoit offers different conferences and can also adapt according to the objective of the event. Have a look at our Sephora success story.
OUTDOOR TEAM BUILDING
We offer inspiring team building activities to improve and consolidate cohesion, to reinforce a high-performance team, aligning its members around the same vision. We also organise strategic retreats. The activity takes place between 1 or 2 days, and we guaranty fun, integration and creativity for the team’s development, with various forms of learning for a better performance, whether on a personal or collective level.
22 TOP HUMAN RESOURCES AND OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES FROM OUR CUSTOMERS
Our training courses for retail answer challenges raised by HR departments and provide solutions when dealing with results and leadership difficulties. We always promote the triple dimension of Manager, Customer and Company. Coaching applied to the retail sector helps us to deepen individually with managers on the topics they consider necessary. Discover the main challenges in retail.
- Our clients tell us: “Some of the managers use a «command and control» style and we would like them to move forward.”
- Our focus:How to move on from being a boss to a leader-coach? We guide you to develop in-house Retail coaches, capable of generating the necessary team commitment and a positive attitude visible by the customer.
- Our clients tell us:“It seems to us that our managers spend their days putting out fires. We’d like to promote management rituals.”
- Our focusWhen everything is urgent, nothing is important. Our management rituals encourage a method of management and systematic coaching based on what is really important for the success of the team and the business.
Talent management IDP (Individual Development Plan)
- Our clients tell us: “We do bet on internal promotion but there is no management process today to detect and promote talent. We would like to develop it.”
- Our focus: Many of the people who work in store did not come there by vocation but by necessity. It is therefore important to successfully promote talent, relying on the IDP (Individual Development Plan), and by drawing a path of development and self-fulfillment for each employee.
On-boarding and employee experience
- Our clients tell us: “Today, every new employee starts working from Day 1; not always receiving formal training, nor fully knowing the Company or feeling particularly well looked after. We want to offer a more professional on-boarding”
- Our focus:You’ll never have a second opportunity to make a first good impression. Which on-boarding process exists in your company for a new employee? We help to define and train the managers to deliver their expected Employee Experience.
Reduce undesired staff turnover
- Our clients tell us: “We spend our days hiring staff… who end up leaving the company in the months that follow. In this context, we do not train them. It’s a vicious circle. We want to reduce the 3 months unwanted staff turnover!”
- Our focus: We co-develop on-boarding and support systems, with training plans and ritualized coaching sessions for all new employees by their managers.
Improve the work climate
- Our clients tell us:“The results of work climate surveys are not very good. We want to improve.”
- Our focus: This climate challenge implies awareness from the management and senior management and an appropriate action plan. We co-develop it with the teams.
MBTI Retail - Personality Test
- Our clients tell us:“We want our managers to learn to recognize that not everyone is like them! We have different personalities and profiles!”
- Our focus:Our MBTI Retail workshop gathers the experience gained from hundreds of personality tests in Retail environments to distinguish and highlight the different personalities: extroverts and introverts, intuitive and rational, etc…. This is a fun and very useful workshop to become aware of one’s preferences and draw a personal and professional development plan to better connect with others.
- Our clients tell us:“We always go at 100 miles per hour! We want to help our teams to stop, breathe, learn to breathe and better manage their emotions and their stress.”
- Our focus: Our Mindfulness workshop is not only a unique experience, but also allows you to learn techniques to practice mindfulness every day, even in a store visit.
- Our clients tell us: “During our meetings, it is always the same persons who speak up. We want to strengthen the interactions within the team!”
- Our focus: Each team has its own interactions and synergy. Team coaching helps to bring the entire team at its best level and to incorporate collective success in achieving goals.
Omnichannel NPS and Mystery shopper
- Our clients tell us: “On the NPS (Net Promoter Score) we want to score more than 50%, and on the mystery more than 90%”.
- Our focus: Today, in the omnichannel Retail environment, an 8/10 in customer satisfaction is not good enough anymore, as it generates passive customers. Generating Promoters or Ambassadors implies to get 9 or 10. Only excellent attention will be recommended; a delighted customer attention system, always!
NLP Sales method
- Our clients tell us: “Each salesperson sells in his own way; some are very good, but there is no method!”
- Our focus: If we add methodology to a born salesperson, he/she becomes a strategic asset. The sales method, together with the NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) systemizes the dance with the customer, exponentially increasing the conversion rate and the average ticket. Story telling helps to convince to client. We generate recognizable customer experiences. We build the brand and the reputation from the sales attention. We combine non-negotiable sales standards with emotional intelligence.
Selling in phygital stores
- Our clients tell us: “We’ve introduced Tablets in stores, and some salespersons have trouble incorporating them into their sales process.”
- Our focus: The digital or phygital store (physical store with digital tools) incorporates new tools. Faced with increasingly knowledgeable and demanding customers, who check the web before visiting the store, and who receive communications via the brand’s CRM, the sale person needs support to self-train and use the available tools.
- Our clients tell us: “We would like to reinforce our team’s product knowledge. Sometimes, the client knows more about the product than our own salesperson.”
- Our focus: We consider that product knowledge is the manager’s and the salespersons’ responsibility, through self-training. During the briefings, the manager can, if he wishes to, include gamification, verbal or written quizzes regarding the products. We help you implement tools and techniques for continual self-training.
Motivation and commitment
- Our clients tell us: “Our Mystery Shopper surveys show that many salespersons are not motivated. And internal surveys reveal that their superiors are not either.”
- Our focus: We co-develop a work system to motivate and involve the team, so much that the client senses this motivation everyday.
Management by values
- Our clients tell us: “We want to go from a Top-Down system (I command, you execute) to a Bottom-Up one (we, in the management, are at your service as you see the customer in the eyes). And in order to share the same values, we need to develop and fertilize a management by values.”
- Our focus: In this operating system, the salesperson is empowered. We help teams to identify their core values and/or align them between the people and the organization.
Connected Manager, Regional Directors and Area Managers
- Our clients tell us: “Our Regional Managers or Area Managers must manage up to 25 stores, within an area of 500 kilometers. We observe their Monday multi-conference and those calls seem boring and ineffective. They are monologues that do not involve the teams. How to turn them into connected managers?”
- Our focusWe introduce digital tools and emotional inteligence for effective calls and briefings, in order to develop the figure of the connected manager.
- Our clients tell us: “Generation X and Millennials are a big part of our payroll. They are born in the game culture. And to focus their efforts and energy, they prefer a fun game to a boring long email.”
- Our focus: Both for training and achievement of KPI objectives, we develop Retail Games, tactical competitions, sometimes collaborative. We stimulate games to improve average ticket, UPT and conversion rate.
KPIs (Average ticket, conversion rate...) - Dashboard
- Our clients tell us: “Part of the team does not feel comfortable with the KPIs and the Balance Score Card.”
- Our focus: KPIs must become a common language. We observe a lot of people in stores who seem unsure about the numbers and lack confidence as a result. We make sure they feel comfortable with the KPIs (Average Ticket, UPT, Conversion rate …) both in-store and online, and dominate the Retail dashboard.
Increase the EBITDA
- Our clients tell us: : “It seems that there is always a good excuse not to achieve the objectives: the weather, the competition, the online sales, …”
- Our focus: We trigger empowerment through an extraordinary growth model, based on growth leverages, in the hands of the teams.
Guiding a cultural change: customer centric
- Our clients tell us: “We want to implement a cultural change and place the customer at the center of the organization. We want to be customer centric!”
- Our focus: Retail is detail; Lots of details are behavioral automatisms. We guide this cultural change by facilitating changes in beliefs, behaviors, practices, processes and rituals.
Professionalization, operational excellence, and Big Data
- Our clients tell us:“Many of our Retail managers come from stores, through internal promotion. Their management style is mainly intuitive.”
- Our focus: What is the productivity of a Retail manager? We promote operational excellence, activating fast, visible and sustainable improvements, based on operational levers. Retail is detail: we help managers to convert Big Data into Small Data, human data, and vice versa. The professional management of a store, an area or a country, requires managers to master these tools and their professional delivery.
Leadership and interpersonal skills, soft skills
- Our clients tell us: “Our managers spend their days between KPIs and Excel tables, but they do not use those KPIs to manage and improve their teams. It seems interpersonal conflicts severely damage their efficiency.”
- Our focus: The development of HARD SKILLS (tools, system, …) highlights the need for managers to also develop SOFT SKILLS: ability to generate constructive relationships, anticipate and manage conflicts, convey vision and give sense.
Frequently asked questions about retail coaching
WHY OUR VISION: “WE COACH PEOPLE IN RETAIL TO CONTIBUTE TO A BETTER WORLD”?
Because we believe that through retail coaching, we bring added value to people so that they value their work in retail more, and hence also value more the customer relationship.
WHAT IS RETAIL COACHING?
Benoit Mahé, founder of CapKelenn and author of the book Retail Coaching, has developed the Retail Coaching method to apply professional coaching, emotional intelligence, NLP and the use of the latest digital retail tools (for both retail management and in-store sales), to achieve extraordinary commercial and financial results, with more motivated, professionalized and committed teams.
HOW DO WE DEFINE THE RETAIL SECTOR AT CAPKELENN?
Retail is a “bubble” generated by the interaction between a salesperson and a customer. In a B2C environment, we call this magical bubble “the 1.4 meter retail bubble”. This is why, as long as the salesperson has direct contact with the customer, retail for us includes: shops, hotels, restaurants, banks, car dealers etc. Businesses are the social life of the street and salespeople have a social responsibility to the mood and self-esteem of their customers.
TO WHOM IS OUR METHOD DIRECTED?
Companies wishing to improve their results, develop the interpersonal skills of their leaders through continuous improvement and innovative excellence. Our training and retail coaching are directed at all levels of responsibility of a company; Board of Directors, middle management, area managers, regional directors, store managers, franchisees, salespeople, central services. Whether it is in retail companies or in the hotel industry, we offer a wide range of training and coaching services for all levels of responsibility.
WHO GIVES RETAIL COACHING TRAINING?
All our programs are delivered by Authorized Retail Coaches. All these experts have a doble professional profile; retail experts with extensive operational experience and certified executive coaches.
BARCELONA, VANNES, LIMA, MOSCOW, BELGRADE.